Monday, August 5, 2013

July's Results

True to form, when my month has been ho-hum, I post later than the 1st.  I did manage to keep all but one pound off after my competition, so not too bad considering it could have been 14 or more too.  Especially since I was on vacation and my summer hours started.  In the summer I work different hours and try to be home for the kids as much as possible.  This is great to see my kids more, not so great for the snacking situation.  I have figured out that I need to stay busy during the week and prepare on the weekends.  With the summer comes change, and I'm not ready for that with my weight loss yet.

I haven't asked them yet, but I am going to see if my co-workers want to do another challenge in September.  Hopefully they do and even if I don't win again, my competitive streak will surely allow me to lose some more weight and more importantly; get back on track.  In the meantime, every day in August I will attempt to try something else that has helped me lose in the past.  The last few days has seen me making a menu for the next week, something I haven't done in the past month.  I have also portioned snacks (cereal, not entirely garbage) so I have something quick to grab when I ""need" it.  I have plenty of lunches made, so I can't fill the freezer yet.

I am pretty confident that I can maintain my loss in August, even with another vacation coming up.  It's only a few days, but it's a "stay"cation since we aren't going anywhere.  I am armed with my to-do list and healthy snacks.  Here's hoping.....

No comments:

Post a Comment