Thursday, June 20, 2013

Gluten-Free Challenge

This week's challenge is to go gluten-free.  It's not a celiac issue, so it's not as strict as that would be.  I can't imagine having to do that!  Gluten is in almost everything it seems.  Still, staying away from grains that contain gluten is hard as well. 

Sunflower-seed butter and jam (no sugar or sweeteners added) on tortillas is my favorite lunch right now.  I went out last night and bought some supplies for my 'treat' lunch; rice flour tortillas (yum?) and as I was getting more sunflower-seed butter realized that the flax seeds in the butter would have gluten.  So, now I have to eat wow butter (soy) and jam.  Hmph...

Or, I can forfeit as I did unintentionally last week.  It was no white flour and no added sugar or salt week.  I was doing great (I thought), until I read the ingredients in my healthy low sugar, gluten/peanut free bar and noticed rice crisps after I ate it.  Sigh....and I'm sure it wasn't brown rice flour either.

As much as I am doing this for the cash reward at the end, the biggest reward is the weight loss now

No comments:

Post a Comment